Wednesday, October 7, 2009

As the Sun Rises - Sedona Style!

The Earth she turns.....In my world, Every day!! Well, Yesterday was Epic! Early start at 4:30-5:00am for the Sunrise! WOW! It was Fabulous!!! I had forgotten how majestic it can be in Sedona. It can also be quite windy, and COLD!!!! It was 40 degrees on the Mesa at that early hour! I must have looked like a the Michelin Tire Man!!

As expected, I was the only sole there! Eventually, a group of Japanese tourists arrived asking many questions:

Can you see the sunrise from here?
What type of camera is THAT? Ahhh....Panasonic....Japanese made....VERY GOOD!
What? Timelapse? What is that?
I met a woman (very talkative)!!!! OMG! I learned the about her children, where they live...etc... It never ceases to interest me...

When you have a camera people are curious!? Maybe it is time for an experiment. Set up a camera somewhere, Anywhere! Turn it on! Begin recording.... Step away and just watch the Theatre begin! Perhaps some day?

But for now...Sedona. Overall, the trip was a success. I had a great time shooting. I had a great time with the people I met. I had a Very fabulous time with my travel partner!

I am looking forward to the rest of the timelapse project! We have shoots planned for Los Angeles, San Francisco, and perhaps Moab... Maybe more!?

Stay tuned....




No comments:

Post a Comment